Jun 26, 2007

Graduations and Finished Objects

This past weekend was filled with activity. Both the boy's girlfriends graduated from high school. It felt so good to not have it be one of mine! The arenas were cool and no stress for me! yah!!

I am on top of the world tonight! I had DH pick me up some grommets and dowels and I made several CD drop spindles. It doesn't take much to make me happy. I am now able to spin different fibers and colors depending on my mood. I manages to make 3 and have 3 more in the works. The orange is a pencil roving that is Merino super wash and the blue is pencil roving brought to me in what they call "cakes" from Iceland. Jake's girlfriend's dad lives and works there. Her mom has brought me 5 of these "cakes" and I am so happy to be spinning it!! I hear there is some green at their house with my name on it! The purple and red is what I had been working on. I actually set the twist on that skein lastnight along with all the blue skeins. They are wool and mohair and was my first spinning ever. It was done on a wheel.
Here are my photos of my finished objects so far this year. They are in a bin marked for gifts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom,

I like your blogs and the set up of the site. I is really cool how you set it up and have all the matching pictures with it. I will have to have you show me how to do it sometime. You still have 2 years before the next of you kids has a graduation so lots of time to prepare *wink wink* I like the blog and keep up the good work and writing.

Josh

Susan said...

Hi... nice to know that we have same interests - knitting and motorcycle!! Thanks for letting me know and I put you on my favorite bookmark! Happy Knitting and Riding!!